Why is my baby weak?
Listlessness or Lethargy
Lethargy may be a sign of infection or other conditions such as low blood sugar. Talk with your baby’s doctor if your infant becomes lethargic or isn’t as active.
When should I be worried about my baby?
If your baby is 6 to 24 months old and has a temperature higher than 102 F (38.9 C) that lasts longer than one day but shows no other signs or symptoms, contact the doctor. If your baby also has other signs or symptoms — such as a cold, cough or diarrhea — you might contact the doctor sooner based on their severity.
How do I know my baby is healthy?
Newborn Warning Signs
- Not urinating (this may be hard to tell, especially with disposable diapers)
- No bowel movement for 48 hours.
- Fever (see below for information about fever and children)
- Breathing fast (for example, over 60 breaths per minute) or a bluish skin coloring that doesn’t go away.
What are signs of a lethargic baby?
- Your young child is lethargic if she stares into space or won’t smile. She won’t play at all or hardly responds to you. Your child is too weak to cry or hard to wake up. These are serious symptoms.
- Note: Sleeping more when sick is normal. When awake, your child should be alert.
What is a lethargic baby?
Lethargic or listless babies appear to have little or no energy. They are drowsy or sluggish. They may also sleep longer than usual. They may be hard to wake for feedings and even when awake, are not alert or attentive to sounds and visual cues.
Is it normal to constantly worry about newborn?
It is normal to feel worried or anxious when you are in charge of a new baby. Here are some common worries, with tips on how to manage them. Worried the baby will die while they’re asleep. Many mothers fear their baby will choke, roll over or experience sudden unexpected death in infants (SUDI or SIDS).
How long does a virus last in a baby?
Fevers due to viruses can last for as little as two to three days and sometime as long as two weeks. A fever caused by a bacterial infection may continue until the child is treated with an antibiotic.
What are the symptoms of unhealthy pregnancy?
While some signs may only appear at certain times during your pregnancy, many can occur at any stage, including:
- prolonged or severe vomiting.
- bleeding from your vagina.
- a discharge from your vagina that is unusual, or a lot more than usual.
- severe or long-lasting headaches.
- continuing weight loss.
- fever or chills.
Why do babies look up?
It’s All About Development
The main reason babies stare is that their brains are developing and growing at an exponential rate. In fact, the more you play with your baby and engage with him/her, the better his/her brain will develop.