How do you treat baby acne on your face?
Lifestyle and home remedies
- Keep your baby’s face clean. Wash your baby’s face daily with warm water and mild baby soap.
- Dry your baby’s face gently. Simply pat your baby’s skin dry.
- Don’t pinch or scrub the acne. You may cause more irritation or an infection.
- Avoid using lotions or oils on your baby’s face.
What causes pimples on a baby’s face?
Newborns still have many maternal hormones circulating in their system in the first few weeks following birth. These hormones can cause pimples to develop on the face (chin, cheeks, forehead and eyelids, for example). It’s not uncommon to see baby acne on the chest, neck or back, too.
What can you put on newborn acne?
How can I treat my baby’s acne?
- Wash your baby’s face with mild soap and warm water (or just warm water) once a day. …
- Have patience. …
- Gently wipe off spit-up and saliva from your baby’s face, because they can irritate the skin.
- Dab on some breast milk. …
- Use unscented bathing products and lotions.
When will baby acne go away?
Baby acne usually clears up within three to four months.
Does breastmilk clear up baby acne?
Baby acne. Acne in newborns can be present right after birth or develop after a few weeks. Usually, these breakouts will clear on their own with time, but breast milk can help ease them and help with your baby’s sensitive skin. Soak a cotton ball in breast milk and softly pat it on your baby’s face.
Does breastmilk help acne?
Clear up acne
Scientists have discovered that lauric acid, a component of breast milk, has antibacterial, acne-fighting qualities. Dabbing breast milk (or a mixture of breast milk and coconut oil, another source of lauric acid) on your face, then letting it air dry, may help clear up acne.
Does baby lotion clog pores on face?
Can you use baby oil as a face moisturizer? Baby oil is noncomedogenic, meaning it won’t clog your skin’s pores. So if you have a dry-to-normal skin type, you can use baby oil to moisturize your face.