How can I straighten my baby’s neck?
- Lay your baby on their back.
- Put the palm of your left hand on the back of your baby’s head.
- Put your right hand on your baby’s left shoulder.
- Gently bend your baby’s right ear toward the right shoulder. Press down gently on your baby’s left shoulder at the same time.
- Stop when you feel tightness.
Is it OK if my baby sleeps with her head to the side?
Most parents know that the safest way to put their baby to sleep is on its back. Babies who sleep on their backs are much less likely to die of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS). Babies who always sleep with their head to the same side can develop flat spots.
How can I strengthen my baby’s neck without tummy time?
Front Carry: Hold baby facing away from you, supporting him/her around their rib-cage With their bottom tucked into your belly, tilt their trunk forward so that it is parallel with the ground. This will encourage the baby to look forward, strengthening the muscles in the back of the neck and along the spine.