What can bleach do to an unborn baby?
Bleach, oven cleaners, and other cleaning agents can harm an unborn baby. You should limit your use of these chemicals and take protective measures when you use them. Until your baby is born, you might want to consider having someone else takeover any house cleaning that requires toxic substances.
Is using bleach while pregnant safe?
Unfortunately, ladies, most products are safe to use for cleaning during pregnancy. Yes, even bleach. So you don’t have to call a maid to do the household cleaning unless you want to.
Are bleach fumes bad for baby?
Previous studies have also linked cleaning products to respiratory health issues in children. This may be because inhaling fumes from bleach can damage the trachea, Casas said.
What chemicals should I avoid during pregnancy?
Chemicals to avoid when you’re pregnant or breastfeeding
- Pesticides and herbicides. Some pesticides (bug killers) and herbicides (weed killers) are known to affect developing and newborn babies. …
- Cleaning products. …
- Paint. …
- Mosquito repellent. …
- Mercury. …
- Arsenic-treated timber. …
- Nail polish. …
- Paint and lead-based products.
What happens if you inhale chemicals while pregnant?
If you inhale (breathe in) solvents, you risk liver, kidney and brain damage and even death. During pregnancy, exposure to (coming in contact with) solvents, especially if you work with them, may cause problems for you and your baby, including: Miscarriage.
What household cleaners are safe during pregnancy?
The Best Home Cleaning Products to Use During Pregnancy
- Best Dishwasher Detergent : Seventh Generation Fragrance Free Dishwasher Detergent Packs.
- Best Toilet Bowl Cleaner : GO by Greenshield Organic Toilet Bowl Cleaner.
- Best Wood Cleaner : Truce Wood Cleaner.
- Best Cleaning Wipes : Babyganics All Purpose Surface Wipes.
How can I clean my private part during pregnancy?
How Can I Keep My Vagina Clean During Pregnancy?
- Do use a plain unperfumed intimate wash for the vulva or the outer part of the vaginal region.
- Don’t use a vaginal douche(where water is flushed up the vagina), this can flush out the good bacteria and might actually raise the risk of an infection.
Is it OK to vacuum while pregnant?
Mopping and vacuuming can aggravate sciatica, a painful inflammation of the sciatic nerve that runs from the lower back down the entire leg. It’s common during pregnancy because of weight gain and/or pressure of the uterus on the nerve, and chores that require you to lean forward at an angle can worsen it.
Can I bleach my hair during first trimester?
Although there’s no categorical evidence to suggest hair dye or bleach is harmful to the mother or fetus at any point during pregnancy, you may want to exercise extra diligence by holding off for the first 12 weeks of your pregnancy because crucial fetal development happens during this time.
What happens when you inhale too much bleach?
Breathing high amounts of chlorine gas can lead to a build-up of fluid in the lungs and severe shortness of breath that could lead to death if untreated. Immediately or within a few hours after breathing chlorine gas, the lungs can become irritated, causing coughing and/or shortness of breath.
Is it safe to sleep in a room that smells of bleach?
Inhaling Bleach Fumes Risks
As bleach is used in a home or other contained indoor environment it will create a strong, irritating odor in the air that is releasing chlorine gas, a gas that can be potentially harmful to human health, into the air.