What foods can upset a breastfed baby?
Foods to Avoid While Breastfeeding
- Caffeine. Caffeine, found in coffee, teas, sodas and even chocolate might make your baby fussy and sleepless. …
- Gassy foods. Some foods are able to make your baby colicky and gassy. …
- Spicy foods. …
- Citrus fruits. …
- Allergy triggering foods.
What foods cause gas in breastfed babies?
Common culprits include beans, broccoli, cabbage, and Brussels sprouts. Bloating, burping, and passing gas are normal. But if your baby is gassy or has colic, avoid these foods for a few weeks to see whether they relieve the symptoms.
What mom should eat while breastfeeding?
What to eat
- Include protein foods 2-3 times per day such as meat, poultry, fish, eggs, dairy, beans, nuts and seeds.
- Eat three servings of vegetables, including dark green and yellow vegetables per day.
- Eat two servings of fruit per day.
What foods should I avoid while breastfeeding a colicky baby?
The Anti-Colic Diet: Foods to Avoid to Help Combat Infant Colic
- Food and drinks that contain caffeine, such as coffee, tea and sodas.
- Vegetables that may cause gas, such as broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage.
- Fruits that contain high amounts of citric acid, such as citrus fruits, pineapple and berries.
Can I drink milk while breastfeeding?
Summary: Children of mothers who drink relatively more cow’s milk during breastfeeding are at reduced risk of developing food allergies.
Which fruits is good for breastfeeding mothers?
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) recommend the following fruits as these are all excellent sources of potassium, and some also contain vitamin A:
- honeydew melon.
- red or pink grapefruit.