Can an infection during pregnancy harm the baby?
Infection can be dangerous during pregnancy as it can cause problems for unborn babies, such as hearing loss, visual impairment or blindness, learning difficulties and epilepsy.
Which antibiotic is safe in pregnancy?
Here’s a sampling of antibiotics generally considered safe during pregnancy:
- Penicillins, including amoxicillin (Amoxil, Larotid) and ampicillin.
- Cephalosporins, including cefaclor and cephalexin (Keflex)
- Clindamycin (Cleocin, Clinda-Derm, Clindagel)
How can I clean my private part during pregnancy?
How Can I Keep My Vagina Clean During Pregnancy?
- Do use a plain unperfumed intimate wash for the vulva or the outer part of the vaginal region.
- Don’t use a vaginal douche(where water is flushed up the vagina), this can flush out the good bacteria and might actually raise the risk of an infection.
What infections can cause miscarriage?
Toxoplasmosis, a protozoal infection, may cause a miscarriage, death of the fetus, and serious birth defects. Listeriosis, a bacterial infection, increases the risk of preterm labor, miscarriage, and stillbirth.
Can yeast infection affect baby during pregnancy?
Will a yeast infection during pregnancy affect my baby? No, a yeast infection won’t hurt or affect your developing baby. But it’s important to rule out other causes for your symptoms, because other kinds of infections can affect your pregnancy and your baby.
How do I get rid of a bacterial infection while pregnant?
Your doctor may prescribe the following antibiotics:
- metronidazole, such as Flagyl and Metrogel-Vaginal, which can be taken orally.
- tinidazole, such as Tindamax, which is another type of oral medication.
- clindamycin, such as Cleocin and Clindesse, which is a topical medication that can be inserted into the vagina.
Which painkiller is best in pregnancy?
- Acetaminophen. Acetaminophen, a nonsalicylate similar to aspirin in analgesic potency, has demonstrated efficacy and apparent safety at all stages of pregnancy in standard therapeutic doses. …
- Aspirin. …
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. …
Can antibiotics during pregnancy harm the baby?
Taking Antibiotics During Pregnancy
For example, Bactrim and Macrobid treatments during pregnancy have been linked with birth defects, including brain malformations and heart defects. Cleft lips and palates may also be a more significant risk when a woman is prescribed certain antibiotics during pregnancy.
What is the safest antibiotic for UTI during pregnancy?
Oral nitrofurantoin and cephalexin are good antibiotic choices for treatment in pregnant women with asymptomatic bacteriuria and acute cystitis, but parenteral antibiotic therapy may be required in women with pyelonephritis.