What medications are safe during pregnancy?
Which Medications Are Safe During Pregnancy?
- Safe to take: Regular and extra-strength Tylenol (acetaminophen)
- Safe to take: Metamucil, Colace, Citracel, Milk of Magnesia, Dulcolax.
- Safe to take: Tums, Maalox, Mylanta, Pepcid.
- Safe to take: Penicillin.
- Safe to take: Monistat, Gynelotrimin.
What medications are not safe during pregnancy?
What medicines should you avoid during pregnancy?
- Bismuth subsalicylate (such as Pepto-Bismol).
- Phenylephrine or pseudoephedrine, which are decongestants. …
- Cough and cold medicines that contain guaifenesin. …
- Pain medicines like aspirin and ibuprofen (such as Advil and Motrin) and naproxen (such as Aleve).
Is it okay to take prescription medication while pregnant?
If you take prescription medicine during pregnancy, some can cause problems for your baby, like premature birth, NAS and birth defects. Tell your provider about any prescription medicine you take. You may need to stop taking a medicine or switch to one that’s safer during pregnancy.
What will happen if you take medicine while pregnant?
Drugs or medication taken by the mother may cross the placenta and reach the developing fetus. The possible effects may include developmental delay, intellectual disability, birth defects miscarriage and stillbirth.
Is coffee OK during pregnancy?
Studies show that getting more than 150–200 milligrams (about 1–2 cups of coffee) of caffeine a day during pregnancy may not be healthy. High amounts of caffeine during pregnancy has been linked to problems with a baby’s growth and development.
Which painkiller is best in pregnancy?
- Acetaminophen. Acetaminophen, a nonsalicylate similar to aspirin in analgesic potency, has demonstrated efficacy and apparent safety at all stages of pregnancy in standard therapeutic doses. …
- Aspirin. …
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. …
What cold meds are safe during pregnancy?
Common Cold Medicine and Pregnancy: The Safe List
- Acetaminophen (Tylenol)
- Diphenhydramine (Benadryl)
- Pseudoephedrine (Sudafed)
- Loratadine (Claritin)
- Zinc lozenges.
- Chloraseptic spray (but a salt water gargle is just as effective, with no risks)
Is it safe to take Adderall while pregnant?
According to the FDA, Adderall is classified as a pregnancy category C drug, meaning that there are possible side effects of the drug during pregnancy. It is not categorized as being safe for pregnant women to use but may be necessary for some women in specific cases.
What helps you get pregnant fast?
How to get pregnant: Step-by-step instructions
- Record menstrual cycle frequency. …
- Monitor ovulation. …
- Have sex every other day during the fertile window. …
- Strive for a healthy body weight. …
- Take a prenatal vitamin. …
- Eat healthy foods. …
- Cut back on strenuous workouts. …
- Be aware of age-related fertility declines.