Is it okay to drink soft drinks while pregnant?
During pregnancy, it’s generally considered OK to drink a soda once in a while. However, you’ll want to make sure you don’t drink sodas too often because they contain caffeine, sugars, or artificial sweeteners.
Is it safe to drink Coke during early pregnancy?
Drinking soda during pregnancy. It’s okay to occasionally indulge your craving for a soda during pregnancy. But research shows it’s not a good idea to make drinking soda a daily habit, whether you’re having regular, diet, or caffeine-free.
What drinks can I have while pregnant?
What Should You Drink During Pregnancy?
- Water. Water is the single most important drink you should have throughout your pregnancy. …
- Orange Juice. Orange juice is good to drink while you’re pregnant, but you should only have it when it is pasteurized and fortified with calcium. …
- Tea. …
What drinks to avoid while pregnant?
Beverages to avoid when pregnant
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Unpasteurized (raw) milk.
- Unpasteurized or “fresh squeezed” juice from a juice bar or grocery store.
- More than 200 mg of caffeine per day (12 ounces of coffee)
What kind of juice is good for pregnancy?
One highly recommended fruit juice to be consumed by mother during pregnancy is pomegranate juice.
How does coke affect pregnancy?
Pregnancy is accompanied by normal cardiovascular changes, and cocaine use exacerbates these—sometimes leading to serious problems with high blood pressure (hypertensive crises), spontaneous miscarriage, preterm labor, and difficult delivery.