08 May Healthy Version of The Unicorn Frappuccino
I’m sure everyone has now heard of, or tried Starbucks notorious Unicorn Frappichino. This brightly coloured concotion prided itself on its tangy taste, neon appearance, and overall magical qualities . Many people tried it and the overall general consensus is that it’s a sugar filled disappointment. In fact my favourite review said that it ‘tastes like sour birthday cake and shame’. Doesn’t that paint such a beautifully vivid picture?
Personally, I could never bring myself to actually try one, even though my 2 year old endlessly tried to convince me that we should. Therefore I have come up with a healthier alternative to this neon syrup in a cup, that I don’t feel guilty letting my daughter drink. Added bonus, this drink is also dairy free. So for all of you lactose intolerant, unicorn loving, drink connoisseurs, I hope you enjoy my version of the Unicorn Frappuccino.
- 7-10 Strawberries
- 1 banana
- 1/2 Cup Vanilla Soy Milk
- Blueberries or Blue food colouring
- Can of chilled coconut milk
- Vanilla Extract
1.Stick your can of coconut milk in the fridge. When it is chilled scoop out the thick cream on top and mix with a few drops of vanilla extract. If you want it a little sweeter add a few shakes of sugar. Put back in the fridge while you making your drink.
2. Mix together 1 tsp. of honey with 2 crushed blueberries.
Confession- the blueberries didn’t turn the mix as blue as I wanted, so I added 2 drops of blue food colouring into the mix.
Don’t use to many blueberries or your honey will be to runny to stick to the side of the glass. Place in the fridge or freezer while you are blending the rest of your drink.
3. In a blender add your strawberries, banana, soy milk and ice. Blend into a think and yummy smoothie.
4. Take a spoon and run the blue honey mix along the inside of your glass, then pour your smoothie into the glass
5. Add a few dollops of your coconut whip cream on top then finish with some bright sprinkles…because you can’t have a unicorn smoothie without sprinkles!
There you have it, a super easy, kid friendly, unicorn loving, smoothie. Enjoy making this, and let me know how yours turn out!
Perfect for pinning: